The Church Council (PCC) has applied to the Chancellor of the Diocese of Chichester to carry out the following works to the church building:
1. The removal and sale/disposal of the
remaining pews in the nave and side aisles and refurbishment of the floor.
2. The introduction of 75 new chairs
3. The installation of 7 new storage cupboards
4. The release of the St Leonard's Church Font from the 2018 Place of Safety Order and permission is sought to retain it in the St Etheburga’s Building
5. The disposal of the existing stone font
6. The enclosure of the area below the gallery at the west end of the nave to form a new community room
This application is currently subject to public consultation until Thursday 10 February 2022.
A copy of the public consultation notice and the various application documents can be downloaded below.
If you wish to object to any of the works or proposals you should send a letter or email stating the grounds of your objection to The Diocesan Registrar at
Chichester Diocesan Registry
5 Montague Close
so that your letter reaches the registrar not later than 12/02/2022. A letter of objection must include your name and address and state whether you live in the parish and/or your name is entered on the church electoral roll of the parish or any other basis on which you have an interest in the matter.